Sunday, November 21, 2010

Three Letter Words

So, my bestie Brooke and another great friends, Courtney, hopped on down I20 Friday night for some hunting widow fun. It is Brooke's birthday weekend and for the past five years we have celebrated with a pedi, lunch and movie....think Twilight and Harry Potter. There is always a great movie out because it is the weekend before Thanksgiving.

But, what is it about us grown up girls that takes us back to three letter words? You know what I'm talking about: God, men, fun, #@!, fat, and ugh. We volley back and forth between the seriousness of our growing faith to giggling hysterics with stories from when we were sizes 4,6 and 8. High school girlfriends know too much and those roots run deep!

It is amazing for me to sit back and listen to our stories. We had so much fun. Apparently I've had so much fun I don't remember some of it. I still don't remember visiting Sam Houston 3 times! More importantly, it is amazing to see the hand of God in each of our lives. How even though we were thick skull-ed and stubborn, He was with us! Scary a bit. But I was moved to listen and reflect on the stories that led each of us to where we are now in our lives. Such a cliche', but I wanted to burst into chorus, "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you."

I am happy, blessed, joyful, my cup runneth over. Whatever you call it, I can see, touch, hear, feel and sometimes smell all of the blessing God has granted me. I love our old, creaky house. I love my two cherubs who are completely different but the same in their ability to melt my heart, I love my family, I love my sweet husband who listens to me, and I love my God who is ever-present and faithful. I even love my job.

THANKFUL. Happy Thanksgiving. Love while you can.

2 comments:

  1. Blessed we are! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! it was meant to be!!! we all need those moments and more importantly, those friends! Sorry i was so short yesterday on the phone when you were at your moms!! have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts too! Please leave a comment or contact me via e-mail.