Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Saying Goodbye, and Hello

It's official. I am resigning from my job as an 8th grade teacher so that I can tend to my flock.

As I sit at my small, turquoise, garage sale desk for the last time, I can't help but think about what all I am saying goodbye to, and what I will be greeting.

goodbye's :
  1. arriving late to work everyday
  2.  cafeteria lunches
  3.  lesson plans
  4.  grading essays
  5.  professional development

As for my principal, colleagues, and students....this isn't good-bye, just a, "See you around!" I plan to remain open as a sub for the parish so I can keep a toe in the door of education in case I decide to return in a few years.

Hello's:
  1. coffee date's with friends
  2. park and playground time
  3. exercise
  4. bedtime reading because Mommy won't be so wiped out
  5. volunteer opportunities 
  6. Josie smiles all day long
  7. naps with Baylor
  8. play dates
  9. more time to write
10. home cooked meals
11. outings with my little ones
12. library
13. Pinterest "Crafts I Wanna Do"
14. mom on a budget
15. photography gigs
16. writing gigs

Can you tell I'm excited?? There is not doubt that I will miss the joys of teaching in a classroom. I mean that! I love to help students write something from the heart, or learn to love a book. I love to see reluctant students toting books down the halls.  And I may return one day. Or not. I'm open.

I don't know how this will turn out. It's no secret that I struggled being at home with Harper five years ago. But things were different then. Things have changed and I have changed. I've grown. I know there will be days....I don't even have to finish the sentence. But the good will prevail. I know now that sometimes that is a choice....to see the good.

I journaled a few months ago about faith - how faith is about trusting even when you don't know the outcome. So here goes. I'm leaping!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you Mandy, and praying with you as you embark on this new journey! How exciting to see what the Lord has in store for you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I am so happy for you! There are long days being at home, but (as you know) the years are short. If you haven't yet read Loving the Little Years, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to add to the "hello" section....meeting my bestie in shreveport for cheap lunch dates and good talk!!!! love you and excited about this new amazing fun crazy journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts too! Please leave a comment or contact me via e-mail.