Saturday, February 19, 2011

Where Dreams Come True

So I'm still nursing my Disney hangover. I swear, that trip took up one week before, one week of and a week after to plan, enjoy and recover! I'm still doing laundry!



The magic of the week hasn't left me, but the words to describe it have. Both girls got the stomach bug and God bless my mom for staying at the hotel to love 'em back to good health. She is a saint, Saint Juju, Patron Saint of Sick Babies. She rocked! Baylor was only out for one day and the toxic mess she produced during that 24 hours was well worthy of the panic stricken calls to housekeeping! Eventually they just left the air freshener with us.



Harper's bought with the bug came a day later and she was down and out for a good day and then struggled with the poopsies for two more days. Bless her little heart, on the drive home she finally said, "I can't take it anymore!" We stopped every hour of an eight hour drive so she could fart and fizzle. Poor darlin'. I hate taking care of that stuff in convenient stores and truck stops, but sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do-do! Ha!



All in all it was a great trip. I strongly suggest to anyone planning a trip to do the following:
1. stay in a Disney resort so you can travel by bus and boat to the parks, ect. Beats loading into the car
2. pack snacks for the hotel room and parks. I didn't do this and wish I would've.
3. take your own stroller
4. avoid the big, expensive mom camera. Take a small one you can fit in a pocket. The pros are stationed at every park and the photo pass will get almost every good shot you want.
5. DO a character meal. Breakfast with Cinderella and the Princesses was a highlight for the entire family, even Dad!
6. Take a babysitter!
7. Enjoy Epcot at night, one country at a time. You can travel there via boat from several resorts. Also, they have an amazing fireworks show every night!
8. Check out the Disney Boardwalk. Very casual with cool performers!
9. If you stay a week, take a day off in the middle.
10. Don't over pack. Do a load of laundry at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts too! Please leave a comment or contact me via e-mail.