Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Whole Hand...

SWEET HARPER IS NOW FIVE!!!!!


Another milestone at our house...Harper is now a whole hand! Big girl turned five on Monday and she STILL thinks it's her birthday. Actually, according to her, her birthday started on Saturday when she wanted to pick the restaurant. Then on Sunday she needed a "play date" since it was her birthday, and on Monday she really did pick the restaurant, Ronin Hibachi, for the actual celebration. I say actual, but we did just return from Orlando and a magical castle! She kept telling me that she, "gets to be the boss cause it's her birfday!"



Since I didn't have a party here, I promised her that I would bring cupcakes to school. Little did I realize that one box was not enough because there are 28 little ones and 3 teachers. Thus, I whipped up another box Sunday night and made, get this, home made frosting Monday morning. That is a big deal because I am not THAT mom that bakes from scratch. I must say that MY frosting was wayyyy better than Betty's.

The cupcakes were so good that we decided to share with our favorite neighbor, Mr. McGuire. It was the perfect excuse for our weekly visit. Mr. Doug always welcomes our noise into his quiet home. Harper usually heads straight for his special recliner that arcs into a full tilt. It is like a ride at the fair for her. Meanwhile, Baylor slaps happily at his elegant piano. Sweet music.



Baylor gets in one last hug before we head back home. I love moments like this that teach my girls how to love and respect their elders. I love that they bring boundless joy into his still home and walk away with hugs and kisses from our sweet friend. I'd say that makes for a pretty good birthday celebration.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet to see this! Precious precious girls and a big happy birthday to TWO beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Happy birthday to sweet Harper!!! I didnt realize that your lived next to Rev Mcguire! we will have to visit him next time we come over. he is a long time friend of our family. hope you are good! miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts too! Please leave a comment or contact me via e-mail.