Thursday, April 28, 2011
So the new doc came in, Dr. Scott, wearing cowboy boots so I like him already. After looking over her charts he gave us this plan: Tomorrow morning we will try to get her off the ventilator again. Until then, we will back off of the current sedatives and possibly add another. They are mixing up a delicate cocktail of hard to pronounce ingredients for my girl. They want to give her the right stuff to make her somewhat aware, but not afraid. Huh! Unafraid. Can I have some of that? So that is where we are. Waiting until tomorrow to try again. Tonight when you say your prayers, pray serenity and calmness for my big girl. Give her a sense of peace.