Thursday, May 12, 2011

May Valentine

Sometimes the outpourings of my heart spring forth on days other than the silly holiday in February. I don't need a Saint, red hearts or roses to recognize those I love.

This is my May Valentine...for you, Tricia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ester!

I just want to send you a word of encouragement!

For two weeks in the past and two weeks in the future you have put, and will put, normalcy on hold so that you can nurture your sisters. You are living proof of God's provision for each of us. We both were in need of care and you are able to give it. What a blessing you are to both of us.

In addition, God has given you the courage to branch out on your own at just the right time. I know he will not only bless your business, but your efforts in doing what is needed for your family. Just like Ester you are in the right place, or position, at the right time. I am so grateful for His provision for you as well as for me and Codie.

Think of the example you are setting for your children. Even when you think they don't notice, they have witnessed you offering yourself as a servant for those you love because it is the right thing to do. They will, I promise, take mental note of this and sometime in their lives they will remember what it means to make a sacrifice for someone you love and will hopefully follow your example. On top of that, think about the impact you are making on those around you in Houston. Who else do you know that will stop the routine to take in a niece and then nurse a sister?

Yes, you may grumble under your breath. Yes, you may need a drink, or two. Yes, you may wear the signs of stress. But what you are doing is bigger than that. You are faithfully following the greatest command of our Almighty Father, "above all else, love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts too! Please leave a comment or contact me via e-mail.